- ● Register a Company in Gibraltar
- ● Shelf Companies
- ● Companies Act in Gibraltar
- ● Liaison Office in Gibraltar
- ● Frequently Asked Questions
- ● Open a Travel Agency in Gibraltar
- ● Open a Recruitment Company in Gibraltar
- ● Open a Foundation in Gibraltar
- ● Open a Restaurant in Gibraltar
- ● Joint Ventures in Gibraltar
- ● Companies Act 2014 in Gibraltar
- ● Open a Bank Account in Gibraltar
- ● Changing the Company Type in Gibraltar
- ● Set Up UCITS Funds in Gibraltar
- ● Open Non-UCITS Funds in Gibraltar
- ● Open Private Funds in Gibraltar
- ● Set Up a Truck Company in Gibraltar
- ● Set Up a Company in the FMCG Sector in Gibraltar
- ● Open a Company in the Insurance Sector in Gibraltar
- ● Set Up a Company in the Financial Sector in Gibraltar
- ● Open a Merchant Account in Gibraltar
- ● Open a Hotel in Gibraltar
- ● Open a Shop in Gibraltar
- ● Set Up a Cryptocurrency Company in Gibraltar
- ● Set Up a Fintech Company in Gibraltar
- ● Establish a Crowdfunding Company in Gibraltar
- ● Set Up a Franchise Business in Gibraltar
- ● Holding Company in Gibraltar
- ● Liquidation of a Company in Gibraltar
- ● Open a Jewelry Business in Gibraltar
- ● Selling Shares of a Company in Gibraltar
- ● Purchasing Shares in a Company in Gibraltar
- ● Open a Catering Company in Gibraltar
- ● Open a Fund in Gibraltar
- ● Types of Investment Funds in Gibraltar
- ● Create Experienced Investor Funds in Gibraltar
- ● Open a SPV in Gibraltar
- ● Virtual Office in Gibraltar
- ● Establish a Branch in Gibraltar
- ● Open a Subsidiary in Gibraltar
- ● General Guide to Company Incorporation in Gibraltar
- ● Types of Companies in Gibraltar
- ● Open a Limited Liability Company in Gibraltar
- ● Why is Gibraltar an Attractive Country for Investors?
- ● Obtaining Visa for Gibraltar
- ● Obtaining Work Permit in Gibraltar
- ● Residence Permit in Gibraltar
- ● Legislation related to foreign investments in Gibraltar
- ● Imports and Exports in Gibraltar
- ● Workforce in Gibraltar
- ● Ship Registration in Gibraltar
- ● Online Gaming in Gibraltar
- ● Company Management in Gibraltar
- ● Most Attractive Investment Fields in Gibraltar
- ● Gibraltar Rating for Investments
- ● Initial Coin Offering in Gibraltar
- ● Set Up a Cryptocurrency Hedge Fund in Gibraltar
Create an offshore company in Gibraltar
Gibraltar has had a booming economy during the last years which has attracted a serious number of foreign investors. Gibraltar’s thriving economy is dominated by the financial services, the shipping and tourism and during the last years by the e-gaming industries.
Gibraltar’s economy has also proved to be strong during the Euro crisis demonstrating a consistent growth in the Gross Domestic Product. If until now the small territory was perceived as an extension of the United Kingdom because of their resembling legislation, Gibraltar has recently amended its Companies Law which now offers many more benefits to foreign entrepreneurs coming here.
The small territory, which is often referred to as The Rock, provides numerous tax incentives for those opening a company in Gibraltar, but also for foreign citizens looking for employment. Gibraltar is one the European territories with the most skilled and diversified workforces.
How to open a company in Gibraltar
One of the most important aspects to be kept in mind is that Gibraltar does not impose a minimum share capital to those opening a limited liability company. Foreign investors have an array of business entities to choose from for company formation in Gibraltar. These are:
- the afore mentioned limited liability company which can be private or public,
- companies limited by guarantee which can be with or a without share capital,
- unlimited companies which can also be with or without a share capital,
- general and limited partnerships, both types of structures requiring at least two members,
- protected cell companies, which are usually employed by enterprisers in the financial industry,
- sole proprietorships which is the simplest business form in Gibraltar and implies a few requirements.
Foreign companies can establish branch offices or representative offices in Gibraltar.
The Companies Act requires all companies to have a registered office in order to be allowed to conduct business operations in Gibraltar. Companies must also have at least one shareholder, one director and a company secretary. Our company incorporation agents in Gibraltar will help you register a business with the Companies House.
We invite you to watch a video about how you can open a company in Gibraltar:
Documents to be submitted for company registration in Gibraltar
In order to register a business in Gibraltar foreign investors will need the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association. The current Companies Act provide for simplified and shorter incorporation documents in order to ease the procedure. The founders will also be required to submit their passports and also details about the company’s director or directors and secretary. The registration takes a few days and once it is completed the founders will receive a Certificate of Incorporation.
Once the company is registered with the Companies House it will also be required to open a bank account and register for taxation purposes. The Gibraltar company will be required to submit audited accounts on an annual basis.
The most common questions about opening a company in Gibraltar
In the last several years, Gibraltar has gained a reputation as a very appealing financial and e-gaming hub in Europe. However, foreign investors also set up companies in other industries in Gibraltar. They also have many questions related to registering companies in the Rock, among the most usual being:
- How easy is it to open a company in Gibraltar?
It is very easy to open a company in Gibraltar, as the authorities here have simplified the company registration process in the last few years for the purpose of attracting more foreign investors.
- What is the minimum amount of money required to start a business in Gibraltar?
The new Company Law does not impose any minimum share capital for registering a company in Gibraltar, however foreign investors must consider the business start-up costs which imply the notary and registration fees, as well as the business licensing fees.
- What types of business licenses do I need when opening a company in Gibraltar?
There are three main categories of licenses one will need to open a company in Gibraltar:
- the general business license which is issued for most economic activities;
- the light manufacturing license which is necessary for manufacturing and import/export activities;
- the transport license which is issued by the Department of Transport in Gibraltar.
Our company registration consultants in Gibraltar can offer information on these licenses.
- Can I register a non-resident company in Gibraltar?
Yes, investors can register non-resident companies in Gibraltar.
- What is the corporate tax in Gibraltar.
Local companies are subject to a 10% rate on their corporate earnings.
Considering the country accepts nominee shareholders and directors you can request these types of services to our company formation agents in Gibraltar. You can also contact us for details about additional services and fees. We can also put you in touch with our partners in UAE if you consider opening a company in Dubai.